New Cuckoo Clock Setup Instructions
- Open the back of the clock and remove the orange clips from the bellow, the paper from the gong and replace the back of the clock.
- Remove the bag and the wire that is securing the chains.
- Unlatch the cuckoo door.
- Hang the clock on the wall. A good size nail in a stud at an angle works best. Make sure the clock is flush against the wall at all times. If no stud, use an anchor, available at any hardware store.
- Hang the pendulum on the wire look. Make sure the pendulum does not rub any part of the case when it comes out of the bottom slot. It should automatically be in the middle.
- Hang one weight on each hook. Weights should be the same weight and size. When winding the clock, do not help the weight or cup the weight with your hand. Pull each chain straight to the top.
- Never wind the clock when it is about to cuckoo or during a cuckoo cycle. Always wait until it is finished.
- Set the pendulum in motion and listen for an even “tick tock”. If the “tick tock” is not even, tilt the clock to the right or the left until it is even. Important! Do not use your eyes to level the clock.
- To regulate for time keeping: check the time daily and regulate at the same time. Remove the pendulum.
- If the clock is running fast, gently slide the pendulum leaf/disc downwards. (lower is slower)
- If the clock is running slow, gently slide the pendulum leaf/disc upwards.
- To set the time, use the minute hand or big hand only. Stop every half hour to let the bird cuckoo one time and every hour to let the bird cuckoo the hour. Never go backwards and never move the hour hand or small hand.
- Your cuckoo clock should be serviced every 3 to 5 years depending on your environment. If dusty conditions, service every 3 years.
Ye Olde Clock and Gift Shoppe, in Dallas, PA is a family-owned business since 1968. We hand select our clocks, fine collectibles, curio cabinets, watches and jewelry from craftsman all over the world. Our expert staff provides old fashioned, personalized customer service. We offer a dedicated service department on the premises. We gladly accept special orders and ship everywhere. Visit us and select your family heirloom today. www.yeoldeclockshoppe.com